The William Smith Inn opened its doors in June 2009.  Originally built by William Smith, philanthropist, astronomer, spiritualist and nurseryman, this home has been painstakingly restored and brought to its former glory.  Designed by renowned architect Andrew Jackson Warner, this Italianate home features quarter-cut white oak floors with black walnut inlay, monstrous chestnut doors, floor-to-ceiling windows and incredibly detailed, ornate moulding.  Mr. Smith occupied the home upon its completion in 1873 until his death in 1912.  A prominent nurseryman, he was self-made and clearly ahead of his time. 

Special thanks to the Archives at

Hobart & William Smith Colleges

and The Geneva Historical Society.

Home        History        Rooms & Rates        Policies        Location        Contact Us